More than 60% of all Life-Saving rule violations are related to road transport. Our objective is reach goal zero: eliminate fatalities and road transport incidents
We do this through standardising and simplifying safety requirements, aligning cross business initiatives, and developing awareness campaigns. We have identified tools and learning materials to mitigate risks that are in various stages of implementation. Examples are In-Vehicle Monitoring Systems (IVMS) and Defensive Driver Training. We are getting a better understanding of the main risks in road traffic and the countries have the highest risks involved.
Key focus areas
- Adherence to speed limits and adjusting speed to circumstances.
- Not using your mobile phone while driving.
- Having proper Journey Management Plans in place.
- Wearing your seatbelt at all times.
- Not to use drugs and alcohol while taking part in traffic.