EMDAD Role in Omanization
PDO’s EMDAD Department has been working closely alongside the Ministry of Labour (MOL) and PDO contractors to reduce the number of jobseekers in the Sultanate through direct hire , redeployment and transferability, and through training for employment and on job training programs.
The aim of the National Objectives Department is to add value to the Omani workforce in the oil and gas industry and beyond. PDO’s objective in training and funding these young Omanis is to develop a local workforce by training and education in various vocational trades such as electrical technicians, mechanical technicians and welders.
Purpose of Training
The fundamental mission of the team is to:"Deliver value to the Nation by maximising the employment of skilled Omanis with PDO contractors and across the wider oil and gas sector; and change the game on Omanisation, demonstrate what is really possible and drive the industry to achieve and sustain step changes in results."
Contractors “pledge” to employ a number of Omanis based on their Omanisation requirements – their commitment reflects the number of trainees the National Objectives programme trains. Therefore, no trainee commences training without having signed a training-for-employment contract. Essentially, the purpose of training is to provide the private sector with skilled Omanis and in parallel work alongside private sector contractors to secure employment for registered jobseekers.
Since the establishment of National Objectives in 2011, PDO has contributed to more than 30,000 job, training and re-deployment opportunities for Omanis in its contractor community.
Goals:"To capitalize on value retained in-country , by maximizing a sustainable skilled Omani Pool for the new energy sector nation wide."
- To enhance the employability of Omanis by building talents through developing skilled, Technical and professional caliber.
- To identify jobs opportunity creation including the diversification across the new energy sector nation wide.
- To achieve real and sustainable manpower solutions for the surplus workforce across all sectors.
- To achieve real and sustainable Omanisation through different value streams in Emdad
- To contribute on new jobs identification and replication across the industry and the nation
- To increase the Omansiation % in PDO contracting community to 70% by 2025.
EMDAD 4 Pillars and Brief Description